Board members and staff are monitoring the expected weather for Saturday.
Games will be played in the cold, with modifications for extreme cold.
Please continue reading this post for information about when decisions are made, adjustments for cold weather, notifications, and additional clothing players can wear.
TIMING OF DECISIONS FOR GAMES
The Board of Directors makes weather related decisions to delay or cancel games as late as possible since the weather in our area is so unpredictable.
For games on March 12, the board will make the decision to delay or cancel games about one (1) hour before the game start times on Saturday. For example:
- 8:00 AM games: decision will be made at/around 7:00 AM
- 9:00 AM games: decision will be made at/around 9:00 AM
- 9:30 AM games: decision will be made at/around 8:30 AM
ADJUSTMENTS DURING COLD WEATHER
The following adjustments will be made during cold weather:
- Wind chill = 29° and lower: CANCEL GAMES
- Wind chill = 30°–35°: SHORTEN GAMES by 5 minutes per half (3 minutes per quarter)
- Wind chill = 36°–45°: Allow additional clothing
NOTIFICATION OF GAME DELAYS OR CANCELLATIONS
In the event games are delayed and/or cancelled, coaches will be notified by the Board of Directors and staff. Coaches will then notify parents and players.
Parents can also sign up for the VYSO Info Spring 2022 Band group. We will use this Band group to communicate important information to coaches and parents about weather delays, game cancellations, and other information throughout the Spring 2022 season.
ADDITIONAL CLOTHING ALLOWED
- Long-sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, jacket. Must be worn under jersey.
- Long pants, tights, leggings, sweatpants.
- Gloves or mittens
- Stocking caps (beanies) without straps
- Headbands, ear warmers
- Additional socks
CLOTHING NOT ALLOWED
The following items present a safety hazard and are not allowed to be worn during games:
- Hooded sweatshirts
- Hooded jackets
- Ear muffs